Grantham Centre announces event to showcase food security research
Researchers at the University of Sheffield can now register for the first event being held by the new Grantham Centre for Sustainable Futures.
The Centre, which aims aims to advance the science of sustainability and connect it with policy debates, will hold its Inaugural Annual Symposium on Food Security on Friday 17 October, 9.30am-6.30pm, at Halifax Hall.
The event will be a showcase of multidisciplinary research on food security, and give researchers in this area from across the University of Sheffield the chance to network with Grantham Scholars and Supervisors. Academics, researchers, research-related staff and postgraduate students are all welcome.
Speakers will include:
- Tony Ryan (Sustainable Food and Energy)
- Steve Banwart (Critical Zone Observatories)
- Julie Scholes (Crop Management and Breeding)
- Chasca Twyman (Sustainable Agricultural Systems)
- Jurriaan Ton (Crop Production and Protection)
- Michelle Holdsworth (Sustainable Nutrition)
- David Beerling (Soil-Climate Geoengineering)
- Dylan Childs (Precision Agriculture)
- Peter Jackson (Food, Convenience and Sustainability)
Lunch and refreshments will be provided, and drinks will be served from 5pm, when there will be time for informal networking.