New award opportunity for researchers
Researchers in the Faculty of Science can now be nominated for a brand new award that recognises the huge contributions they make.
The Faculty of Science Researchers Award is for contract researchers who have made significant and sustained contributions that go beyond the scope of their main research projects.
They might have done this by:
- organising events (eg, researchers forum, network events, away days, conferences)
- fostering a supportive and collegial environment (eg, social events among researchers, mentoring younger researchers and students);
- enhancing the research environment (eg, organising departmental seminars, inviting speakers)
- contributing to departmental administrative responsibilities (eg, departmental, faculty and university committees, website development)
- and/or sharing knowledge and expertise with colleagues, by developing cross-departmental/ faculties interactions
Nominees may also be recognised for wider public engagement work, for example, by:
- leading the development/delivery of projects/events fostering the communication of research
- engaging young people, by developing resources to support the communication of science and research beyond the University (eg, blogs about science, podcasts, media work)
Nominations for contract research staff who have excelled in their supervisory responsibilities and/or who have inspired students and colleagues with research are also welcome.
Any member of staff or any postgraduate research student working in the Faculty of Science can make a nomination, but self-nominations will not be accepted.
Each nomination should state the nominee’s name, the name of the person or people nominating the contract researcher, and a brief statement as to why the nominee is worthy of the Faculty award (a paragraph should be enough, but no more than one side of A4 should be submitted).
All nominations should be emailed to Angela Simonite (email@example.com) by Thursday 31 July 2014.