Opportunities for professional staff at Development Focus Week
A week of activities will give professional staff the chance to work on their career and personal development.
Development Focus Week will start on Monday 8 September and over five days there will be a range of activities to help professional staff get support with career planning, gain new skills and find out about development opportunities at the University of Sheffield.
Over the course of the week, there will be:
- A launch event which will tell you about development activity since the last professional staff development event
- Taster sessions, information sessions, good practice sharing sessions, presentations and practical sessions
- Bookable desk space to give you chance to take some dedicated personal development time away from your desk.
Topics covered at Development Focus Week will include:
- Career progression within the University and how to manage it
- Managing yourself and others
- Understanding the University
- Supporting the University’s whilst developing yourself
- Professional technician registration
- Google, Excel and social media
Activities will take place throughout the day, including at lunchtime, between 10am and 3pm. The programme is still being finalised, but some sessions will be repeated to give you more opportunities to attend.
More information is available on the Faculty of Science website: www.sheffield.ac.uk/faculty/science/professional-staff/development-focus-week
If you have any queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org