Professional staff take home trophies from awards ceremony
Staff from across the Faculty of Science were honoured at the Sheffield Professional Awards.
At a ceremony in the Octagon Centre on Thursday (26 March) a total of 21 awards were given out across six categories.
The Molecular Biology and Biotechnology Undergraduate Teaching Laboratory Team of Mel Stapleton, Anne Holland, Sarah Noble and Tom Hill won the One Team award, for a team who are exceptional in the way they demonstrate the Sheffield Professional values and behaviours.
In three categories, six awards were given out: one for a member of staff from each Faculty, plus one for Professional Services. The winners and runners-up in Science were:
Professional Staff Member of the Year
– WINNER: Melanie Simmonds-Buckley, IAPT Administrator, Psychology
– Claire Wilkinson, Projects Officer, Faculty of Science
– Sandrine Soubes, Researcher Development Manager, Faculty of Science
Playing Our Part – Valuing Everyone’s Contribution Award
– WINNER: Will Collier, PA to Head of Department, Biomedical Science
– Julie Fryer, PA to Head Of Department/Head of School, Physics and Astronomy/Mathematics and Statistics
– Sharon Keighley, Clinical Psychology Timetable Administrator and PGCert in Clinical Supervision Administrator, Clinical Psychology Unit, Psychology
Creating Knowledge Award
– WINNER: Sally Merrett, Student Support Adviser, Physics and Astronomy
– Neil Everill, Information and Learning Technology Officer, Biomedical Science
Marie Evans, Learning and Teaching Development Manager for Science in Learning and Teaching Services was winner of the Professional Services Playing Our Part Award.